Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Exciting Stuff!

Last week we made a trip to Build A Bear. 30 more bears. Wow!!!!! They're all waiting to be dressed in their doctor's uniforms and donated! Someone that Jon works with put in a request for a VERY deserving little girl that is fighting leukemia and battling some pretty rough side effects from her treatment. We will definitely make sure we get a very special bear into the hands of someone that can get it to her. The rest of the bears will be going to Rush University hospital in Chicago.

Our charity work has been keeping us busy. We are working REALLY hard on getting 501c non-profit paperwork filed with the government. This is quite the process and anyone who has any experience with doing this, PLEASE let us know! We have called lawyers and accountants and have had no luck finding someone who can do this for us. I am slooooowly trying to work through the paperwork, but it is not easy! I'll get it done eventually, but would love some help if you have experience.

Jack was able to present Little Hands to his school last week. Wow, talk about a proud moment for us! Seeing our little guy up there on the microphone telling his schoolmates why he started his charity and how they can help....ah, it was too much! His amazing school is showing us so much support, it is just fabulous!

I think that's it for now! It still blows my mind that what started as a distraction discussion on a long car ride is turning into all of this! How amazing for us to be able to watch our chilren's hearts grow with a passion for charitable work. I love all the ideas they come up with, they have no inhibitions, no thoughts of "this will never work." I can only hope that the recipients of our charitable efforts feel a fraction of the joy that we do!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Kailee and I received one of your bears. My neighbor brought it to me when I got home from the hospital. I am fighting leukemia. I was diagnosed in August of 2009. I have been through a lot of stuff so far. I have had to endure the chemo and its side effects, as well as developing diabetes due to the steroids and then I developed a life threatening infection from a bone marrow biopsy. Its a lot for a 6 year old to handle but Mom says I am one tough cookie. I want to thank you for the bear and all of your hard work. I saw you on TV around Christmas time delivering toys to the kids in the hospital. My bear has been with me to many of my clinic visits. He makes getting chemo a little easier. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete