Thursday, October 22, 2009

BIG news!

A lot has been going on for Little Hands Make a Big Difference!

I found a lawyer and she is helping me work on all the legal paperwork. Step one is completed, as we just found out today that we are a State of Illinois Corporation!!!!

We have several fundraisers in the near future. Currently we are working with a group of incredible Spectrum School middle schoolers. They are writing a grant to receive money to buy video game systems and video games for a local hospital. They made it past the first step, and are preparing for the next step...an interview! Best of luck to them!

We have been asked to take part of a Vendor Fair on November 21st. I will post more details when I recieve them next week, but the basic info is several vendors will be donating items to us. We will sell raffle tickets and all the money raised is ours to donate!

We have been asked to participate in the Rockford Memorial Holiday Toy Drive. This is an opportunity we are so excited about. It breaks my heart to think of kiddos stuck in the hospital during the holidays and I will do just about anything to lift their spirits. We are raising money to donate toys. Jack's therapy center (Rebound) has asked if they could partner with us in our efforts! Jack and I have been asked to be the guest speakers on the day of the toy drive, I am looking forward to it!

We couldn't be happier with our progress! We will continue to keep you posted on how things are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment